Episode #21: Changing Priorities (How To Work Less, Excel In Life & Law)
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!
At some point in your career, you’re going to experience what happens to us all: changing priorities.
This is you if you’ve worked hard to get to where you are but. . . can’t help but question whether it’s really worth it. Or you want to step back yet worry that you’ll lose ground.
And then you start thinking things like. . .
- Are you being lazy or ungrateful?
- Is it possible to reprioritize while remaining where you are?
- What will happen if you listen to that inner voice (will you regret it)?
- What will people think if you made a big change?
Please know that you’re not alone (I see this all the time). Changing priorities is one of the main reasons people hire me.
The good news is that you can do something about it. Today, we’re tackling what do you do when facing your own changing priorities so that you can feel clear and confident about what’s next.
In Today’s Episode About Changing Priorities, You’ll Learn:
- 5 mindset shifts around changing priorities that will help you lean into them without worry, stress or anxiety.
- The steps for how to reprioritize without guilt, shame or apology.
- A simple tool for facing your fears (around failure, uncertainty and what others might think) so that they won’t hold you back from taking action on the things you really want.
Today’s Episode will give you practical advice for how to determine and then act on your new priorities with ease.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- How To Be Productive Part 2: Prioritizing To Do Less, Achieve More (Episode #10)
- How To Redefine Success From the Inside-Out (Episode #12)
- Mindfulness For Stress Prevention (Episode #7)
- Leading In Uncertain Times (Episode #11)
- The Dual-Career Couple Dilemma: Priorities, Choices & Tradeoffs (Episode #18)
- Life & Law Roadmap to succeed in both life and law.
Career Coaching From A Lawyer Who’s Been There
Ready to balance a successful legal career with a fulfilling life outside of work. . . without feeling overextended or dropping the ball?
As a lawyer who transformed from burned out to balanced while building a $2.5MM+ practice, I’m on a mission to help lawyers reconnect with what brings you purpose, speak up with confidence and prioritize what’s important to you (while saying no to all the rest).
It’s time to take ownership of your career and make a more meaningful impact (at work and home) while doing less, not more. Go here to learn how I can help.
Give Feedback, Rate, Review & Subscribe
“SO SO SO happy I landed on this podcast!”
<<– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing the show. It will help me support more people — like you — succeed in both life and law.
All you have to do is click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, and select “Write a Review”. And if you haven’t already subscribed to the podcast, be sure to hit the subscribe button.
P.S. Got an idea for the show? Have a question you’d like me to answer? Let me know what topics/questions you’d like covered in future episodes here.
Get The Life & Law Roadmap
Simple strategies that work. . . from a lawyer who’s been there.