Episode 18: Dual Career Couple (With Kids) Dilemma
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!
Are you a dual career couple who either has or is planning to have children? Do you worry that being a dual career parent is (or will) limit your career opportunities?
Here’s the thing. . .
Dual career couples with children (and even those who don’t yet have kids but are planning to) have different priorities, which means making different choices. And the choices you made come with tradeoffs.
So. . . how do you prioritize your family and achieve the things you want at work? Is it even possible to do both without sacrificing too much at home or settling at work?
That’s what we’re getting into today.
Please note that everyone makes tradeoffs in life. And ultimately that’s what today’s episode is all about. . . how to determine the right tradeoffs for YOU.
And so today’s episode will be helpful to all (even though we address the issue within the context of dual career couples with kids).
In the Dual Career Couple (With Kids) Dilemma, You’ll:
- Learn about 3 key mindset shifts for making decisions you’re content with so that you can stop feeling like you’re often missing out.
- Get a 5-step decision-making framework for determining what’s right for you (no matter the circumstances).
- Learn the importance of focusing on quality over quantity of time, and why quality isn’t what you think it is (hint: it’s not about perfect, pre-planned moments).
- A secret way to help you STOP comparing yourself to others (especially non-dual career couple colleagues).
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- A Productive Mindset (Episode #9)
- Prioritizing To Do Less, Achieve More (Episode #10)
- How To Redefine Success From the Inside-Out (Episode #12)
- Success & Balance As A Lawyer with Guest Jim Chester (Episode #14)
- Life & Law Roadmap to succeed in both life and law.
Lawyer Career Coaching From A Lawyer Who’s Been There
Let go of doing it all. Trust your instincts again. Keep things simple. Build the legal career you really want. So that you can succeed in BOTH life and law.
Go here to learn how Heather can help you through her 1:1 lawyer career coaching/consulting.
Give Feedback, Rate, Review & Subscribe
“SO SO SO happy I landed on this podcast!”
<<– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing the show. It will help me support more people — like you — succeed in both life and law.
All you have to do is click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, and select “Write a Review”. And if you haven’t already subscribed to the podcast, be sure to hit the subscribe button.
P.S. Got an idea for the show? Have a question you’d like me to answer? Let me know what topics/questions you’d like covered in future episodes here (today’s topic came from a listener).
Get The Life & Law Roadmap
Simple strategies that work. . . from a lawyer who’s been there.