Episode 6: How to Get Unstuck In Your Career
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!
Feeling stuck in your career? Maybe you feel like you’re in the wrong firm or company. Or perhaps you’ve lost the spark of energy you once had for your career.
And you’re not sure what to do because:
- you’ve worked hard to get here,
- you don’t want to settle for something less or make a mistake,
- it’s difficult to admit how unhappy you are, and/or
- you’re worried it means starting over.
I know first-hand how terrifying that feels. Just a few years into my legal career, I was burned out and wondering why I’d ever wanted to be a lawyer in the first place.
I kept asking myself things like:
- Should I move to another firm or go in house?
- Am I even cut out to be a lawyer?
- Will my family be disappointed in me?
Turns out the answers were much easier than I anticipated. But that wasn’t clear to me at the time.
Here’s what I’ve learned. . .
Feeling Stuck In Your Career Doesn’t Necessarily Mean That You Have To Make a Big Change
The number of clients who come to me thinking that the answer is to start over yet either end up happily staying where they are or confidently make a move (that doesn’t feel scary at all) is proof of this.
[This fear is a big part of why you’re stuck, BTW.]
The problem is that:
- you’ve lost sight of a couple of things that make you uniquely YOU, and
- you’re caught up in a bunch of things you think you *should* be doing.
Let’s fix that, shall we?
In How To Get Unstuck In Your Career, You’ll Learn:
- The foundation to figuring out what you want (and why you shouldn’t make ANY changes until you do this 1 thing).
- Why worrying about what others think can unwittingly keep you trapped (and how to let go of all of that).
- A practical way for overcoming fear of the unknown.
- Why the risk of doing nothing is often worse than the risk of making a change (even one that turns out not to be the perfect answer).
- How to properly weigh varying risks.
Today’s episode won’t just help you get unstuck in your career but will also help you to start moving forward on the right path for you.
Lawyer Career Coaching From A Lawyer Who’s Been Where You Are
Reconnect to what’s most important to YOU. Let go of doing it all. Trust your instincts again. Build the legal career you really want. So that you can succeed in BOTH life and law.
Give Feedback, Rate, Review & Subscribe
“SO SO SO happy I landed on this podcast!”
<<– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing the show. It will help me support more people — like you — succeed in both life and law.
All you have to do is click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, and select “Write a Review”. And if you haven’t already subscribed to the podcast, hit the subscribe button.
P.S. Got an idea for the show? Have a question you’d like me to answer? Let me know what topics/questions you’d like covered in future episodes here.
Get The Life & Law Roadmap
Simple strategies that work. . . from a lawyer who’s been there.