Episode 74: Lawyer Leadership Within Virtual Law Firms With Guest Elise Buie
Interested in joining (or one day starting) a virtual firm? What does it take from a lawyer leadership perspective? And is there a difference between how to lead within a virtual law firm vs. a traditional law firm?
Join me and guest Elise Buie for a conversation that covers all of the above.
Elise opened her own virtual law firm before virtual became a thing (pre-pandemic). And quickly learned that she needed to become a more effective leader to make it work.
Regardless of your interest in virtual law firms, I encourage you to listen to today’s conversation. Because Elise shares so many valuable leadership insights that I KNOW you’ll benefit from.
Here Is What’s Covered In Today’s Episode:
- The keys to making a virtual law firm work (that’s also applicable to hybrid firms and those with flexible structures).
- Why virtual won’t work for everyone (and how to figure out who it will work for vs. who it won’t work for).
- The difference between leading and managing (because they’re not the same thing).
- What being a good leader means, and how to cultivate the right mindset for effective lawyer leadership.
Expand on the concepts discussed in this Episode by listening to:
- Episode #64: What Is Emotional Intelligence?
- Episode #37: Navigating Your Blind Spots
- Episode #73: Managing Your Emotions
About Elise Buie
Elise Buie, Esq. is a passionate, creative, problem-solving family law attorney who creates solutions, not obstacles. After evacuating her hometown of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina and surviving a divorce, Elise landed in Seattle and founded her law firm to help families thrive through change.
Elise’s practice involves all aspects of family law and estate planning, guided by a collaborative philosophy and her deep understanding of complex parenting and family issues.
Here’s where to find more about and connect with Elise:
Ready To Become A Happily Successful Lawyer?
Stop feeling mentally exhausted. No more just barely squeezing life in. It’s time to instead create your next level of success in law AND life.
Book a call with Heather to find out how to start thinking and doing differently. Go here to book your free call.
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!