Episode 17: Navigating A Mindful Parental Leave (Part 2)
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!
In Part 2 of our parental leave discussion with guest Lori Mihalich-Levin, we’re talking about what employers and managers can do to help their employees take & return from parental leave mindfully (and why that’s so important). And we also talk about how Dads can take leave too!
Although the context of my chat with Lori is about how to take parental leave after your child is born, it’s applicableto ANY leave of absence.
So I encourage you to listen no matter your life stage or future intentions. [I certaintly wish I’d had this information back when I took my cancer leave of absence].
In today’s Life & Law Podcast episode you’ll:
- Learn how men can (and why they should) take advantage of parental leave policies.
- Discover what employers & managers can do differentaly and/or better.
- Learn what management can do to help their employees have a smoother leave and return experience.
- Discover the difference between policies and cultural norms (and why understanding this difference matters).
- Learn how an organization can know if its policies are having their intended effect and what to do if they aren’t.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- Mindful Return for Dads
- Mindful Return for Employers
- Parents At Work Podcast
- Navigating Parental Leave As A Lawyer (Episode #16)
- A Productive Mindset (Episode #9)
- Prioritizing To Do Less, Achieve More (Episode #10)
About Guest Lori Mihalich-Levin
Lori is a partner in the health care practice at Dentons, the founder & creator of Mindful Return, and author of Back to Work After Baby: How to Plan and Navigate a Mindful Return from Maternity Leave.
Connect with Lori here:
Give Feedback, Rate, Review & Subscribe
“SO SO SO happy I landed on this podcast!”
<<– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing the show. It will help me support more people — like you — succeed in both life and law.
All you have to do is click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, and select “Write a Review”. And if you haven’t already subscribed to the podcast, hit the subscribe button.
P.S. Got an idea for the show? Have a question you’d like me to answer? Let me know what topics/questions you’d like covered in future episodes here.
Lawyer Career Coaching From A Lawyer Who’s Been There
Let go of doing it all. Trust your instincts again. Keep things simple. Build the legal career you really want. So that you can succeed in BOTH life and law.
Get The Life & Law Roadmap
Simple strategies that work. . . from a lawyer who’s been there.