Episode 32: How To Prepare For Your Annual Review
It’s already that time of year. . . when you’re being asked to do a self-evaluation in preparation for your annual review. But do you know how to prepare for your annual review?
There’s a right (and wrong) way to prepare for your annual review. And if you’re serious about your long-term professional development (regardless of whether you want to stay where you are or move on), then it’s important to prepare properly.
Because contrary to popular belief, your annual review isn’t just about putting your best foot forward. It’s not even primarily about that.
Instead, your review (and the entire review process) is about ensuring that you’re continually developing as a lawyer, manager and leader.
Yes, it’s THAT important. Which is why we’re covering how to properly prepare for your annual review in today’s episode of the Life & Law Podcast.
In How To Prepare For Your Annual Review, You’ll Learn:
- The importance of proper planning and evaluation (before you even look at your employer’s evaluation form).
- Why you shouldn’t ignore mistakes (and how focusing on them can actually help you).
- The exact questions to ask yourself when reviewing your accomplishments, efforts and (yes) failures of the past year.
- What to do moving forward to make this process even easier in the years ahead.
You’ll be learning my 7-step framework for the most productive performance evaluation possible. So that you can skyrocket your long-term success and professional development.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- Leading In Uncertain Times (Episode #11)
- A Productive Mindset (Episode #9)
- Welcome To the Life & Law Podcast (My Story)
- Your Legal Marketing And Business Development Plan
- Does The Perception That Stress Affects Health Matter?
- How to Deal With Uncomfortable Feelings (Episode #28)
- Changing Priorities (Episode #21)
- Life & Law Roadmap: The Top 5 Steps This Leading Lawyer Took To Go From Burned Out To Balanced (While Growing a $2.5MM Practice)
Get To Your Next Level of Success + Impact
When ready, here’s how I can help you retake control of your career (and life!) while creating the impact and success you want:
- Inside-Out Success Coaching: 1-to-1 career coaching for attorneys ready to unlock your inner confidence, uncover what you really want and start making what you want a reality.
- Next Level Business Coaching: 1-to-1 business coaching for private practice attorneys who want to get to the next level of your practice without losing yourself in the process.
- Elevate Attorney Business Mastermind: A group mastermind experience exclusively designed for partners, shareholders and of-counsel who want to grow your practice without growing stress levels.
Give Feedback, Rate, Review & Subscribe
“SO SO SO happy I landed on this podcast!”
<<– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing the show. It will help me support more people — like you — succeed in both life and law.
All you have to do is click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, and select “Write a Review”. And if you haven’t already subscribed to the podcast, hit the subscribe button.
P.S. Got an idea for the show? Have a question you’d like me to answer? Let me know what topics/questions you’d like covered in future episodes here.
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!
Get The Life & Law Roadmap
Simple strategies that work. . . from a lawyer who’s been there.