Episode #23: Reach Your Goals (With A Mid-Year Goal Review)
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!
If you want to reach your goals, it’s important to check-in from time to time to determine where you are and what changes you want to make as a result. Because. . .
- you don’t have complete control over your results,
- circumstances change, and
- things can take longer than expected.
But there are only so many changes that you can (or should) make before mid-year. That’s because you need a longer period of time to measure results and know for certain what’s working (and what isn’t).
By mid-year, you’ll have enough information as to what’s truly working (and what isn’t), how circumstances are impacting your ability to reach your goals and what strategies might need to change.
That’s why I recommend conducting a formal mid-year goal review that’s aimed at making larger changes to your strategies (maybe even the goals themselves).
In today’s Life & Law Podcast episode, I’m teaching you my simple, 5-step mid-year goal reassessment framework that:
- I used to pivot & rebuild my corporate finance practice after the 2008 financial crisis (to over $1MM in just 2 years – and later to over $2.5MM).
- I still use in building and growing my current business.
- My clients use to achieve (and often exceed) their big goals.
Goal achievement is hard. Which is why it’s important to do everything you can to help you stay focused, motivated and on track.
In Today’s Episode About How To Better Reach Your Goals, You’ll Learn:
- The secret to setting goals that are more fulfilling (and even fun to achieve) so that you’re more likely to reach your goals.
- Why a structured mid-year goal review analysis is so important for effective goal achievement.
- The exact 5 steps to take to finish the year stronger and reach your goals.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- How To Set Personal Goals For Work and Life That You’ll Actually Achieve (Article on my blog that has my secrets for setting values-based goals)
- How To Achieve Goals (5-Step Blueprint) [Article on my blog]
- A Productive Mindset (Episode #9)
- Prioritizing To Do Less, Achieve More (Episode #10)
Also Recommended (To Help You Reach Your Goals)
- Your Legal Marketing & Business Development Plan (Episode #13)
- Business Masterminds For Lawyers (And Why Join Or Create One For Yourself) (Episode #15)
- Client Development Blueprint (The Exact 5-Steps This Leading Lawyer Took To Build a $2.5MM+ Legal Practice Without Burning Out)
Career Coaching From A Lawyer Who’s Been There
Ready to balance a successful legal career with a fulfilling life outside of work. . . without feeling overextended or dropping the ball?
As a lawyer who transformed from burned out to balanced while building a $2.5MM+ practice, I’m on a mission to help lawyers succeed in BOTH life and law (at the same time).
It’s time to take ownership of your career and make a more meaningful impact (at work and home) while doing less, not more. Go here to learn how I can help.
Give Feedback, Rate, Review & Subscribe
“SO SO SO happy I landed on this podcast!”
<<– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing the show. It will help me support more people — like you — succeed in both life and law.
All you have to do is click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, and select “Write a Review”. And if you haven’t already subscribed to the podcast, be sure to hit the subscribe button.