Episode 96: Stop Your Wandering Mind, Be Present
Having trouble with a wandering mind? Do you often find yourself:
- Thinking about all the things you need to get done when in the middle of a conversation?
- Getting distracted by work thoughts when with family and friends?
- Frustrated by how often your mind wanders when trying to meditate?
If that’s you, you’re not alone (I hear these complaints often).
The interesting thing is this: mind-wandering isn’t a bad thing. The trick is to encourage it at the proper time so that it doesn’t occur when you least want it to.
Listen to today’s episode to find out how to be more present. You’ll even learn why mind-wandering can be a GOOD thing.
Here’s What We Cover In Stop Your Wandering Mind:
- The benefits of mind wandering.
- A simple exercise to encourage your mind to wander at the right time (and prevent it from happening at the wrong time – like when trying to sleep).
- How mindfulness/meditation can improve decision-making.
- Mindfulness exercises to train your brain to be more present and focused (that are easy to fit into your day-to-day schedule).
Links Mentioned & Recommonded Episodes/Resources:
Rewire Your Mind To Be Calm, Confident & In Control
Take today’s episode further with 5-Minute Stress Solutions >>>here. This powerful resource contains 8 science-backed exercises for:
- Quickly calming your mind.
- Refocusing after being distracted.
- Reframing your thoughts.
- Improving stress resilience.
- Developing a more positive outlook.
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!