Episode #22: Your Secret Ingredient To Stress Less
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!
Today we’re getting into something most lawyers know they need (yet rarely do) so that they can stress less: taking breaks.
Taking time to reset, calm your mind and move around sounds so easy. . . So why is it so hard to do?
I’d say two big reasons:
- In our fast-paced legal environment, it’s difficult to justify taking any time for rest and rejuvenation, and
- The benefit of pushing through to get your work finished feels bigger than taking 10-15 minutes for yourself.
But the truth is that these so-called reasons are myths. You NEED to set aside time for taking breaks – not just to stress less but also for better performance at work.
Because taking breaks throughout the work day is about giving yourself time to regroup, refresh and reenergize. So that you can be more productive, think creatively and (of course) stress less.
In Your Secret Ingredient To Stress Less, You’ll Learn:
- The science behind why taking regularly scheduled breaks will help you stress less and increase productivity.
- How to overcome the feeling that you can’t take a break and must keep pushing.
- How to structure your breaks to work their best (this is going to surprise you).
- Simple ways for taking breaks daily no matter how busy you are.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- A Productive Mindset (Episode #9)
- Prioritizing To Do Less, Achieve More (Episode #10)
- The Truth About Lawyer Stress & What To Do About It (Episode #2)
- Mindfulness For Stress Prevention (Episode #7)
- 5-Minute Stress Solutions: 8 Simple Strategies To Stress Less
Career Coaching From A Lawyer Who’s Been There
Ready to balance a successful legal career with a fulfilling life outside of work. . . without feeling overextended or dropping the ball?
As a lawyer who transformed from burned out to balanced while building a $2.5MM+ practice, I’m on a mission to help lawyers reconnect with what brings you purpose, speak up with confidence and prioritize what’s important to you (while saying no to all the rest).
It’s time to take ownership of your career and make a more meaningful impact (at work and home) while doing less, not more. Go here to learn how I can help.
Give Feedback, Rate, Review & Subscribe
“SO SO SO happy I landed on this podcast!”
<<– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing the show. It will help me support more people — like you — succeed in both life and law.
All you have to do is click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, and select “Write a Review”. And if you haven’t already subscribed to the podcast, be sure to hit the subscribe button.
P.S. Got an idea for the show? Have a question you’d like me to answer? Let me know what topics/questions you’d like covered in future episodes here.
Get The Life & Law Roadmap
Simple strategies that work. . . from a lawyer who’s been there.