Episode 34: What Is Business Development?
What is business development? Does it include… marketing, branding, and/or selling? And what about networking?
How do these fit into an effective business development plan?
Today, we’re answering all of the questions above. Because business development isn’t just something you should do as a private practice lawyer… it’s a must-do (if you want a thriving practice of your own, that is).
And you don’t have to feel like it’s a necessary evil that takes up too much time.
The key is to understand exactly what it is so that you can have a clear, effective strategy that you can be consistent with.
In What Is Business Development, You’ll Learn:
- The 3 main prongs of attorney business development (and where thought leadership, branding, selling and marketing fit into the mix).
- What your #1 goal should be (hint: it’s NOT about getting more clients).
- The WHAT and WHY of legal marketing, and why marketing is only one small piece of business development.
- The most common networking mistake lawyers make (that makes networking almost pointless).
Listen to this episode to gain more understanding around what business development is and how to make it more effective for you (in a way that’s actually fun).
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- 10 Client Development Myths Holding You Back (Episode #4)
- 5 Common Client Development Mistakes (Episode #8)
- Your Legal Marketing & Business Development Plan (Episode #13)
- How To Sell As a Lawyer Without Feeling Sleazy (Episode #20)
- Client Development Blueprint: 5 Proven Steps To Grow Your Practice To $1 Million And Beyond Without Growing Stress Levels
Ready To Grow Profits + Income (By Building the Legal Practice You Really Want)?
Join ELEVATE, a 6-month business mastermind exclusively designed for partners/shareholders and of-counsel to help you elevate your practice, clients and income (without burning out). Past results of clients include…
- Increasing revenues by more than $200,000 (in less than a year).
- Starting a side business (long thought about but never acted upon).
- Transforming business development from an intimidating time-suck into something you actually enjoy.
Learn more about and apply for ELEVATE here.
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!