Episode 99: What Law School Leaves Out With Molly Hough
Law school teaches you how to think like a lawyer. Which is helpful but not enough. The list of what law school leaves out is long.
Law school doesn’t teach you how to be an effective leader of people. Or how to build a book of business. And (worst of all) it doesn’t really teach you the day-to-day things you need to know to do your job (like drafting a simple contract).
And although some law firms have training around some of these things, it’s not enough.
Join me for an honest conversation with JurisConsult Institute founder Molly Hough about what law school leaves out but shouldn’t.
Not only do we get into what’s missing but also what should be done about it from an industry standpoint and what you can do to be a better all-around lawyer.
Here’s What You’ll Learn In What Law School Leaves Out:
- What law schools, firms and state BAR organizations should do more of.
- How senior lawyers can pick up the slack.
- Why young lawyers must take ownership of their own professional development (and more importantly, how).
- The #1 thing young attorneys say they want more of (that’s even more important to young attorneys than DEI and wellness).
Recommended Supplement Episodes & Resources:
- Client Development Blueprint: Proven Steps To Strategically Grow Your Business To Where You Want It To Be
- Episode #55: Creating Your Own Success With Allison Stewart
- Episode #62: How To Be A Highly Valued Associate
- Episode #71: Your Path To Partnership
- Episode #82: Why Thought Leadership Is Important
About Molly Hough
Molly Hough is an employment attorney and Founder of the JurisConsult Institute, where she trains and develops new attorneys in cohort-styled classes. After seeing (and experiencing herself) overwhelm and confusion due to a lack of adequate training for young attorneys, Molly created JurisConsult. To her core, she believes new attorneys deserve training and community to become the best they can be.
Follow & Connect With Mollie at:
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!