Episode 87: Why Is Resiliency So Important?
I often talk about resiliency – being stress resilient and resilient in general. But what does that mean and why is resiliency important (especially for us lawyers)?
Get the answers to all of the above (and more) in today’s short yet powerful episode. You’ll also get an honest, likely unpopular take on a current cultural trend that’s making us a less resilient society.
Here’s What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- That the belief that going through hard times makes you more resilient is (kind of) a myth.
- How to think about resiliency (and how to build it for yourself).
- The #1 thing you need to do if you want to be resilient (that lawyers are terrible at).
- How a current cultural trend is making people less resilient (hint: stop apologizing and wanting apologies for hurt feelings).
- The biggest lesson I learned from my cancer journey about resilience.
Links Mentioned In Today’s Episode:
Feel Calm. Be Confident. Have Control
With 5-Minute Stress Solutions
Get 8 science-backed mindfulness & mindset strategies to quickly calm your mind, break free of charged emotions and reframe your thoughts (in any situation). For less stress, more resilience.
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!