Episode 77: Hard Work Isn't Enough (Success Tip)
The work-hard-to-succeed myth is strong within our culture. And yes, I called it a myth. Because hard work isn’t enough.
Sometimes it’s just not in the cards. Other times someone else works even harder.
And also: you might work hard on the wrong things.
Additionally, we often take it too far and assume it means we must continue to push harder to succeed. But do that long enough and you’ll eventually burn out (which is the opposite of success).
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t work hard (you should!).
What that means is it’s up to you to ensure you’re working on the right things while acknowledging that’s not always enough. Nor is it the true measure of your success.
Here’s What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode About Why Hard Work Isn’t Enough:
- What matters more than just working hard.
- Questions to ask yourself to determine whether you’re on the right track.
- How fear prevents you from doing the right work (making things harder in the long-run even though they seem easier in the short-term).
- How to enjoy yourself even when in the midst of struggle.
Improve Client Development ROI To Spend Less Time, See Better Results
Life & Law Learning Series Workshop
A FREE on-demand workshop for lawyers where you’ll learn:
- 5 common business development mistakes (costing you time).
- How to create a simpler, strengths-based client development plan.
- The #1 strategy statistically proven to increase ROI by up to 50%.
- How to sell confidently and authentically.
- How to spend less time networking (and be more effective).
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!