Episode 19: Lawyer Burnout (Symptoms, Sources & Solutions)
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss an episode!
Lawyer burnout is big problem that must be addressed. The stats don’t lie.
More than 50% of private practice attorneys report feeling stressed and/or anxious all or most of the time. And lawyers are 3.6 more likely to feel depressed.
That’s why we’re talking about the signs to watch out for, underlying causes for lawyer burnout and how to overcome burnout as a lawyer.
Because you chose this noble profession for a reason. And it’s time to reconnect to the spark that made you want to be a lawyer in the first place.
Regardless of whether you:
- think you might be burning out (but aren’t quite sure),
- know that you’re burned out, or
- feel chronically stressed (and don’t want to end up as another lawyer burnout statistic),
today’s episode is for you.
In Today’s Lawyer Burnout Podcast Episode, You’ll:
- Learn the difference between acute stress, chronic stress and burnout – and what to look out for so that you can adequately assess where you are.
- Gain understanding around the causes of attorney burnout, and why this knowledge is crucial both for lawyer burnout prevention and treatment.
- Discover 5 steps for overcoming lawyer burnout.
- Get two real-life examples of attorney burnout (and how they overcame it) for context.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- The Truth About Lawyer Stress (Episode #2)
- How To Be Productive Part 1: A Productive Mindset (Episode #9)
- How To Be Productive Part 2: Prioritizing To Do Less, Achieve More (Episode #10)
- Mindfulness For Stress Prevention (Episode #7)
- How To Redefine Success From the Inside-Out (Episode #12)
- 5-Minute Stress Solutions: 8 Practical Stress Management + Mindset Tools
Career Coaching From A Lawyer Who’s Been There
Let go of doing it all. Trust your instincts again. Keep things simple. Build the legal career you really want to succeed in life and law without burning out.
Go here to learn how Heather can help you through her 1:1 lawyer career coaching/consulting.
Give Feedback, Rate, Review & Subscribe
“SO SO SO happy I landed on this podcast!”
<<– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing the show. It will help me support more people — like you — succeed in both life and law.
All you have to do is click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, and select “Write a Review”. And if you’re not already following the podcast, be sure to hit the follow button so that you don’t miss an episode.
P.S. Got an idea for the show? Have a question you’d like me to answer? Let me know what topics/questions you’d like covered in future episodes here.
Get The Life & Law Roadmap
Simple strategies that work. . . from a lawyer who’s been there.